Food & Nutrition Services

Food Service Department Changes for 2020-2021 School Year

Many changes have been made to the Food Service Department for the start of this school year.  Our goal is to keep the serving line moving as quickly as possible while keeping a safe distance between students.  

Paying For Your Student(s) Meals
We encourage parents/guardians to use My School Bucks.  This is a free service this school year.  Visit or download the app to your phone.

If you prefer to send in money we ask that you put the students first, last name and grade or teachers name in a sealed envelope.  

Breakfast Changes - Grades K-12

  • There will only be one additional fruit option with the orange juice.
  • There will only be one hot and one cold main entrée option available daily.
  • There will be no share cart.

Lunch Changes - Grades K-12

  • Trays will have the fruit and vegetable of the day, and a main entrée (pizza or menued item)
  • Students will still be able to get their own milk and orange juice
  • There will be no self-serve items offered (salad bar, sauces, vegetables)
  • There will be no share cart

Lunch Changes - Grades K-5

  • We will still offer lunchables, uncrustables and turkey sandwiches as an option to replace the offered main entree.  We will have them packaged with a fruit and a vegetable in a container so the student will only have to get a milk and an orange juice to make a complete meal.

Lunch Changes - Grades 6-12

  • We will still offer uncrustables, turkey sandwiches, yogurt cup, wraps and a chef salad as an option to replace the offered main entree.  We will have some of these options with a fruit and a vegetable combined in a container so a student can get a milk and an orange juice to make a complete meal.  We will also offer these items as single entrees as well.  If a student does not want a complete meal they have that option to buy these items separately (ala carte)

Lunch Changes - Grades 9-12

  • Students will still have the option to buy a la carte items such as ice cream, chips, juices, etc.

Fairfield Local Schools Food Services Department follows the meal standards established by the USDA's "All Food Sold in Schools" and our Board Policy EFF - Food Sale Standards.  This includes the requirements set forth by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 20210 and the "Smart Snacks in School" program. 

Current Meal Prices K-5 6-12 Adult
Breakfast $1.50 $1.50 $1.50
Reduced Breakfast $.30 $.30 n/a
Lunch $2.50 $3.00 $3.50
Reduced Lunch $.40 $.40 n/a


Do you qualify for Free or Reduced Price Meals?

Fairfield Local Schools participates in the National School Lunch Program and offers free or reduced meal prices to those who qualify.  To apply for free or reduced price meals, complete the application and return to the school. 

2020-2021 Free and Reduced Application with Instructions

Paying for Meals
Cash or checks can be sent in with your child.  Please place in an envelope with your child's name and "Meal Money" on the outside of the envelope.  Checks should be made payable to "Fairfield Local Schools".  

My School Bucks



Fairfield Local Schools offers an on-line meal payment program that allows parents to:

  • view your child's account balance any time
  • see what your child is purchasing in the cafeteria
  • set-up automatic low-balance email reminders


To get started, click the "My School Bucks" link (->) to set up your account. 

And Justice For AllIn accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.