FAIRFIELD LOCAL SCHOOLS
Weather Delay / Closure Protol
In the event a weather event is in the forecast for our area the following procedures will be implemented:
- The Superintendent will monitor weather activity as presented on WCPO Channel 9 and on the AccuWeather App the evening before as well as the morning of the event.
- The morning of the event, the Superintendent will drive our roads. He will also communicate with the Superintendents from the 4 other school districts in Highland County to determine the weather conditions in their districts.
- If an event is forecast that obviously makes a safe commute impossible the Superintendent will evaluate the possibility of delaying/closing school, the evening before the event is forecast.
- If a school delay is warranted, the following times will be met for making the call:
a. 5:00am will be our goal to make the call about a delay or closure.
b. 5:30am will be the hard deadline for making the call.
- If the decision is made to delay or close, the following communication will occur:
a. A School Messenger call will e sent to all those on our call list.
b. An email will be sent to all those who hae chosen to receive emails from School Messenger.
c. The action will be posted on the scrolling bar at the top of our website.
d. Cincinnati TV channels and local radio stations will be notified.
- If school is closed ALL activities for the day, including practices, games and school functions, will also be cancelled. The only exception is if we are preparing for post season play.
The number one goal is for a safe commute to school for our students and staff.
It’s a Great Day to be a Lion!
Click here for a printable version.